Consider this a lesson in drunk dialing.
A Hawaii man was sentenced to 18 months in prison Thursday for drunkenly calling the FBI and falsely reporting an airplane hijacking, the Associated Press reports.
Timothy David Hershman blamed the incident on alcoholism and anger.
“I screwed up really big time, your honor,” he said. “I’m really sorry for this.”
Hershman’s attorney added: “He’s an alcoholic and he gets stupid when gets drunk.”
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- FBI Warns Retailers of More Credit Card Breaches in Future
- Washington Post Reviews ‘The Burglary: The Discovery of Edgar Hoover’s Secret FBI’
- Sen. Menendez, D-N.J., Is Under Federal Investigation for Businessmen Dealings
- FBI Offers Teen Academy to High School Students in California
- Feds Release Report on Sexual Violence in Nation’s Prisons, Jails