By Steve Neavling
“Last Week Tonight” host John Oliver poked fun at the recent discovery that the Secret Service tried to embarrass a Republican congressman by releasing “unflattering private information.”
Oliver pointed out that Rep. Jason Chaffetz has no problem embarrassing himself without the help of the Secret Service.
“That’s right. The Secret Service attempted to embarrass one of their biggest critics, Congressman Jason Chaffetz, by leaking his rejected application to join them, essentially behaving like the high school table of mean girls,” Oliver said before affecting a snotty teen girl’s voice, wrote Raw Story. “You only hate us because we won’t let you sit with us, Jason. Don’t look at our food. You’re making it uncool.”
Oliver ridiculed the Secret Service for breaking the law to embarrass someone who so easily embarrasses himself.
“I don’t know what’s worse here,” Oliver said. “The fact that the Secret Service is so petty that they broke the law to embarrass Jason Chaffetz, or that they’re so stupid and they didn’t realize, if you want to embarrass Jason Chaffetz, just wait, and he will do it for you.”
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI to Host Forum on Race Relations in Knoxville
- Chicago Sun-Times: Call in FBI to Solve Case of Slain Cop
- FBI Works with Online Stores to Crack Down on Counterfeit Goods
- Cleveland Police, FBI Can’t Verify Credibility of Gang Violence Threats
- FBI Widens Net of Investigation into Allentown City Hall