The Justice Department is asking a judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by the Florida socialite whose complaint to the FBI led to the resignation of Gen. David Petraeus, Lawyers.com reports.
Jill Kelley claims in a lawsuit that her reputation was tarnished when the government allegedly leaked her private e-mails to the media.
Some of the messages, according to leaks to the media, were sexually explicit.
The Justice Department claims the suit should be tossed because Kelley failed to substantial her claim that the government violated her privacy, Lawyers.com reported.
OTHER STORIES OF INTERST
- FBI Takes Death Row Inmate to West Virginia in Search of Remains
- Feds Remain Tight-Lipped About Raids in Texas, Michigan
- Pipe Bomb Discovery in California Attracts FBI Agents
- DEA Partners with Suburban Chicago Group to Combat Gangs
- Retired FBI Agent Joins Private Investigative Firm