Good to see there’s some sense of energy conservation going on.
By Mike M. Ahlers and Eric Marrapodi
WASHINGTON — As a candidate, Barack Obama promoted hybrid cars.
As president, he’ll be handed the keys to one. Sort of.
Shortly after taking the oath of office, Obama will climb into the Mother of All Hybrids — part car, part truck and, from the looks of it, part tank.
In keeping with recent tradition, the Secret Service will place a brand-new presidential limousine into service January 20 to drive the new president on the 2-mile jaunt down Pennsylvania Avenue during the inaugural parade.
Already, spy photos of the limo — with patches of gray primer — have leaked out. And already, the reviews:
“Ugly as sin,” says one car enthusiast on an auto Web site. “Can’t we make a hotter ride for our pres?”
For Full Story
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- Madoff Violated Bail By Sending Diamonds (Reuters)
- Conviction of Enron’s Skilling Upheld: New Sentencing Ordered (AP)
- Fed Reserve and Others to Join Fraud Task Force (Reuters)
- Former Texas Border Patrol Agent Pleads Guilty To Drug-related Bribery (AP)
- South Philly Mobster Pleads Guilty in Atlantic City Sports Betting Ring (Philadelphia Inquirer)
- Indicted ex-D.C. Teacher on FBI List (Washington Post)
- Sen. Reid Says ex-Sen. Ted Stevens Shouldn’t Do Time (Politico)