Senator Herb Kohl warned FBI Director Robert Mueller on Wednesday morning about the danger of the FBI’s plan to close three FBI offices in the senator’s home state of Wisconsin, reports WXOW.
Kohl opposed the closures of offices in La Crosse, Kenosha and Wausau, Wisc., telling Mueller that if the closures go through “the Western District of Wisconsin will be especially hard hit, and will lose half of its FBI offices,” according to WXOW. “I have strong objections to these closures,” he said.
Mueller said that the FBI, looking at the Western part of Wisconsin, hopes the coverage will remain the same, with just as many agents overall, despite the office closures. He told Kohl there remained an open “crack” as to the final decision.
To read more click here.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- FBI Never Sought Carrier IQ Data (Computerworld)
- Obama Withdraws Threat of Veto for Detainee Rule (Wall Street Journal)
- Atty. Gen. Holder Delivers Voting Rights Speech at LBJ Library (Huffington Post)
- NY U.S. Atty. Returns Dinnerware to Iraq (Reuters)
- U.S. Attorney Probing Food Stamp Fraud (Hartford Courant)
- Teen in Craigslist Case Transferred to Adult Court (AP)
- BigLaw Lawyers Pleads Guilty in Insider Trading Case (Wall Street Journal)