Special Counsel Robert Mueller has added another expert to his team.
Stephen Kelly, who formerly served as the longtime congressional affairs chief for the FBI, has been brought on as liaison to Capitol Hill, The Daily Beast reports.
“Stephen Kelly is exactly who I would hire if I wanted to share as little information with Congress as possible,” a Hill staffer said.
Kelly will serve an important role because several Capitol Hill committees are investigating Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election, and the similar probes have caused officials to butt heads now and again.
Not everyone is pleased.
“We think he’s an asshole,” said a source from a Capitol Hill committee that works closely with the Mueller probe. “It’s unfortunate because the relations with Mueller’s legal team are otherwise strong. The lawyers on each side have worked in the same space for years.”
Other Stories of Interest
- Border Patrol Agents And the Risks at the Edge of the Line
- Why FBI Wiretap on Paul Manafort Is a Big Deal
- FBI Severely Underreported How Many Times It Authorized Informants to Break the Law
- Justice Department Seeks Input on Civil Rights Cold Cases
- Justice Department Ends Oversight of San Francisco Police Department