By Steve Neavling
A stay-at-home home in Dallas forked over $100,000 in legal fees for thousands of Secret Service records that “expose a culture of corruption,” The Dallas Morning News reports.
Malia Litman filed 89 request for records, and the information she received was shocking.
Here are some of the highlights, as reported by the Dallas Morning News:
- A culture of “wheels up; rings off” meant even married agents could party on foreign trips.
- Secret Service K-9 units brought their dogs into their hotel room, which the dogs trashed. The agents made payoffs so the incident wouldn’t be reported.
- A agent who missed his flight later showed up drunk with two prostitutes. He was not disciplined.
- Agents “engaged” with prostitutes in Amsterdam’s red-light district during an advance team trip.
- A supervisor choked a female subordinate because she rejected his sexual advances.
- A supervisor offered a subordinate a larger office in return for sex.