By Steve Neavling
It would have been a shocking discovery no matter who was found trying to carry the potential weapons onto airplanes at two Florida airports.
But the TSA was especially surprised when they found a 12-year-old with a grenade inside a carry-on at Jacksonville International Airport earlier this week, Bay News 9 reports.
Then on Wednesday, security found a 16-year-old with a hatchet at Orlando International Airport.
“Hatchets, knives, grenades and guns are not permitted in your carry-on bags,” said TSA spokeswoman Sari Koshetz.
Authorities later determined that the grenade was “inert and not dangerous,” Bay News 9 wrote.
Other Stories of Interest
- New Homeland Security Head Named in Pennsylvania
- FBI Says Spy Planes Weren’t Surveilling Detroit-Area Arab Community
- After 35 Years, FBI Returns Stolen, Valuable Violin Made in 1734
- Border Patrol Captures Convicted Kidnapper from 1997
- Justice Department Appears to Have Misled Congress on Marijuana