The University of Texas at El Paso’s basketball team said Tuesday it has removed three players following allegations they bet on at least one sporting event, the Huffington Post reports.
The removal comes after university officials in December received tips that the players were betting on games.
The three players are Justin Crosgile, McKenzie Moore and Jalen Ragland.
The students won’t return to classes or the team, university officials said.
“I’m crushed personally that this is happened,” Floyd said.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- LA County Sheriff Retires Following FBI Probe into Abuses Against Inmates, Minorities
- FBI Meets Behind Closed Doors with Activists In Midst of Albuquerque Police Probe
- Greyhound Bus Passenger Found with Massive Meth Load in Overhead Luggage
- 4 Suspects Accused of Trying to Enter U.S. from Mexico on Jet Skis
- Insane Clown Posse to Hold Press Conference Near Detroit to Talk About FBI Lawsuit