Dozens of federal air marshals have been committed crimes ranging from attempted murder to aiding a human trafficking ring, Patch.com reports.
Between November 2002 and February 2012, air marshals were arrested 148 times.
Patch found that one air marshal tried to lure a young boy to a hotel room and another used his badge “to smuggle drugs past airport security.”
Air marshals also hired prostitutes and engaged in fights with security guards at a brothel.
The TSA responded, saying the incidents were relatively rare given the number of marshals.
“The vast majority of FAMs [federal air marshals] are dedicated law enforcement professionals who conduct themselves in an exemplary manner,” TSA said in a statement. “TSA and FAMS continually strive to maintain a culture of accountability within its workforce.”
Other Stories of Interest
- FBI’s Hillary Clinton Probe Closes in on a Political Crisis
- Utah Man Arrested As 14 More Indicted over Cliven Bundy Standoff
- FBI Investigating Vandalism at Islamic Society As Hate Crime
- Grim 9-Year Anniversary for Robert Levinson, Who Disappeared in Iran
- How Canine Programs Help Homeland Security Investigate