Homeland Security employees are helping themselves to unearned overtime, costing the federal agency a lot of money, whistleblowers are reporting, according to the Washington Post.
The overtime can add as much as 25% to a paycheck and is used as an incentive for new employees, the Post reported.
The federal Office of Special Counsel on Thursday released a report that declared Homeland Security is involved in a “gross waste of government funds.”
Overtime pay in six offices reached $8.7 million a year, the Post reported.
OTHER STORIES OF INTEREST
- FBI May Have Deceived State Senator With Twitter Persona
- Columnist: Where’s Outrage Over FBI Targeting Muslims?
- Prosecutor Considers Asking FBI to Investigate Civil Rights Case
- Former FBI Informant Goes Public to Combat Detractors
- Border Patrol Arrested 420,000 People Last Year: Report