While some former federal agents are calling for the government to crack down on marijuana laws, at least one ex-DEA agent said it may be a lost cause because pot legalization is only a matter of time.
In a Houston Chronicle column written by Gary Hale, former chief of intelligence of the Houston Field Division of the DEA, the author said the public’s relaxed attitude toward marijuana will lead to legalization.
Hale doesn’t take sides in the debate but said lawmakers and federal agencies should begin preparing for ways to regulate the drug once it becomes legal.
That will include taxes, commercial trade, driving laws and wrongful death suits, he writes.
STORIES OF OTHER INTEREST
- Man Accused of Trying to Blow Up Ceremony in Portland Was Watched by FBI for Months
- FBI Joins Hunt for Northwestern University Student
- Pennslyvania Man Watched by FBI Apparently Kills Self After Evacuation Scare
- Bonnie and Clyde Gun Goes Up for Auction in New Hampshire
- Kentucky Doctor Under Federal Probe Following Deaths of 14 Patients